Monday, June 14, 2010

Backing up iWeb sites

I've had my Mac crash one time, and it was a pain to rebuild my website in iWeb - that I had not backed up at all. So I now back up the site, much thanks to the info on http://nixtechnica.blogspot.com/2007/05/how-to-backup-iweb-sites-in-mac-osx.html

This info below comes from the nixtechnica blog, thank you!

-----------
iWeb is an incredibly simple application to make web-pages. I have made websites for myself and a few friends using iWeb, and now it's time for a system reinstall. Now, how do I backup (and restore) those websites? Here's the answer:

1. Open finder and go to the folder: /%username%/Library/Application Support/iWeb/
2. There will be a file named "Domain.sites" there - this is the file you want to backup. (If you have chosen to hide file extensions, this file will just be visible as "Domain"). Copy this file to a flash-drive or any other external location.
3. Reinstall the system, and then place this file in the same directory back again!

That's it! You can now make backups of your iWeb sites! :-)
-----------

Do this, this is such a life saver!!

1 comment: