Saturday, August 21, 2010

Photojournalism: Del Mar Del Sol Competition


I went up to the San Diego Botanical Garden the other day to walk around/take some shots and stopped by Del Mar on my way back to San Diego and came across the Del Sol Horse Competition. This, while still not super exciting, was much more interesting to me than the Dressage show I had been there for last week. These horses weren't as primed/prettied up at the Dressage horses (the Dressage horses had braided manes, fancy) but they were just as beautiful in their athleticism.

I wasn't expecting to be going over there, so I didn't have my telephoto lens with me. I happen to have my 18 - 55 mm handy, so that's what I used for these. Since I consider these types of things such "classic" proper sports, I did apply a filter to these photo to make them look aged. They just appealed more to me that way. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment